You like to provide a lot of value, take complete ownership of projects, and work with smart people who are the best at what they do.
You believe passionately in doing things right, the first time.
You take pride in the work that you do and want to work for a company where you’re allowed to do what you do best.
You understand digital marketing and the role that content plays in this digital world.
You are a storyteller with the analytical ability to drive actionable results as a marketer.
You know how to structure and write content that people will actually be interested in reading online, despite the overwhelming competition.
You know how to edit others’ work, and turn an unusable piece of content into something a client will love.
We are a boutique digital marketing agency providing expert digital marketing services to drive lead generation, increase sales, improve conversions and boost ROI.
We specialize in professional content strategy, organic search, paid search and social, technical audits and analytics for a variety of industries.
We’re a 100% remote/distributed team and we love all the benefits that come with our remote work environment. We’ve been in business for over 12 years.
About the Job
You’ll be in charge of the content strategy for all of our clients. We’ll rely heavily on you to set a strategy for the content creation of each client, and then to implement that strategy in tandem with a larger digital marketing strategy, with a team of content writers and specialists.
Implementation would involve overseeing the writing of others and editing their content to fit the strategy in others.
We are looking for a part time expert to start, with the opportunity to grow into a full time position, if desired.
- Take the lead to set the content strategy (from initial concepts to wireframes, briefs, content decks, editorial calendars, style guides and ongoing content creation and curation) for each of our clients that will best help them improve their online visibility
- Analyze content opportunities and recommend strategies, interactions or approaches
- Speak and present to clients on content strategy
- Provide level of effort and time estimates for project deliverables to assist account service team
- Assist in the management of client expectations throughout project lifecycle
- Assist in client presentations to create buy-in for recommended strategies and solutions
- Mentor writers (and clients)
- Take ownership of and ensure that all content is created according to our own high standards and the standards of each one of our clients
- Assess and organize web site content (content inventory) per client
- Assign and track new content development per client
- Write content and delegate writing assignments to other writers and edit and review their work so that it’s in-line with content standards
- Work with team to ensure strategy across channels is in sync
- 3+ years of experience developing interactive content for web and mobile
- 3+ years of experience creating online content strategy, preferably in an agency setting
- Experience working with design partners to influence page layout, interactions and visual design
- At least 3-5 writing examples of work you’ve written that are posted online
- At ease managing multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams
- Native-level proficiency in English
- Working overlap from 9am-5PM EST
- Reliable internet connection and (remote) office with a door
Nice to Haves
- Existing contacts and relationships with other writers who have industry-related expertise
- Experience with small to mid to large scale digital content implementations
- Ability to manage ambiguity and successfully navigate large organizations
Competitive hourly rate, based on experience.
- Create your desired lifestyle
- Travel and work from wherever you want
- Possibility to move your residence in a country of your choice
- Flexible schedule to allow for an optimum work-life balance
- Create space for personal plans
- Opportunity to be with The Search Guru team for a long time. We are focused on long term collaboration more than on on time freelance projects
- Grow with the company
- At The Search Guru we find extraordinary talent and build positions around their skills
- Access to very experienced team members in various Digital Marketing areas. Our Lunch & Learn program allows for the entire team to share knowledge and develop their skills together
- Every 30, 60 or 90 days propose 1 or more projects you would like to develop for the company. We appreciate and support initiative.
How to Apply
If you’re interested, email us your resume, 1-2 sample content strategies, 3 writing samples and your Linkedin profile at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line of “Content Strategist.”
In the body of the email, include your salary requirements and let us know what relevant experience do you have with content strategy?