Operations Manager – Part Time
You like to provide a lot of value, take complete ownership of projects, and work with smart people who are the best at what they do.
You believe passionately in doing things right, the first time.
You take pride in the work that you do and want to work for a company where you’re allowed to do what you do best.
You understand digital marketing and have supported digital marketing salespeople in the past.
You are a proactive, detail-oriented person who can support a team of salespeople in efficiently executing and closing sales.
We are a boutique digital marketing agency providing expert digital marketing services to drive lead generation, increase sales, improve conversions and boost ROI.
We provide professional content strategy, search engine optimization (SEO), paid search marketing, paid social media marketing, organic social media, technical audits, conversion rate optimization (CRO) and website analytics for a variety of industries.
We’re a 100% remote/distributed team and we love all the benefits that come with our remote work environment. We’ve been in business for over 12 years.
About the Job
The Operations Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring the organization is running smoothly while working with cross-functional, multi-project team resources to ensure services are delivered on-time according to defined scope and timeline, while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
The Operations Manager provides a leadership position while managing the processes and personnel of the company and also performs an HR role in determining needs, hiring, overseeing assignments of employees and planning staff development. They will communicate job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results, policies, procedures and productivity standards.
The Operations Manager will partner with her/his peers—the Strategy Manager, production talent, Accounting firm and Junior Account Manager/Project Manager—while also being responsible for all program planning, organizing, operating, and staffing. S/he is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the program aspects of the annual budget in conjunction with the President.
- Oversee day to day operations
- Create operations strategy and policies for the company alone and with team members
- Communicate strategy and policy to team members
- Along with President, foster team member alignment with corporate goals
- Aid in identifying processes to increase efficiencies across the sales and marketing services team
- Support the timeline, cost effective completion of
- Support and manage campaign implementation and optimization – serve as central hub for all internal communication among multiple departments (vendors, creative, sales, client success, finance)
- Ability to aggregate and analyze internal and external campaign metrics to assess performance drivers and identify insights and optimization recommendations
- Hands-on implementation support including cultivating strong professional working relationships with internal resources
- Provide and promote high standards of professionalism, integrity and leadership throughout the life of projects, both within and outside the organization, appropriately representing company’s business philosophies, protocols and standards.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Develop and maintain understanding of marketplace dynamics and key players.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ad hoc assignments related to the successful growth of the company.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of email marketing, Content Strategy, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) products.
- A proven record of managing multiple time sensitive projects on schedule.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills
- Experience in digital media, account management and accounting
- Solid writing and grammar skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of digital marketing practices.
- Undergraduate degree in Business/Marketing/Accounting preferred but not required
Operations Manager first year measurable accountabilities:
- Report on production capacity and talent needs.
- Own weekly TSG production call
- Maintain production call agenda
- Maintain production call meeting invitation
- Work with TSG production team to identify issues and develop options to address those
- Work with TSG production team to identify successes and share with the TSG teams
- Download and analyze team hours weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Report on findings including talent needs, upcoming shortages of production hours and upcoming and overages of production hours against available production hours.
- Report on pace of jobs against internal timelines
- Field talent needs from TSG team members
- Bring issues to the President’s attention as they are discovered
- Support job costing process by providing hours worked by project by month
- Own weekly TSG production call
- Maintain (with TSG team) all process documentation for production
- Review alternatives to the existing Workspace and make recommendations for improved systems.
- Review internal systems, practices and structures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Update process documents as necessary.
- Maintain calendar invites for TSG team meetings.
- Train new team members in processes
- Employees, subcontractors and vendors – as necessary bring them up to speed on processes they will perform to maintain systems and meet deadlines
- Maintain existing processes and create new ones as necessary in order to ensure an error-free system is in place. Participate in personal training and development opportunities to ensure that professional competence is maintained.
- Manage budgets/forecasts to ensure that income is maximized within the planned expenditure levels and that financial targets are met.Track and maintain staffing needs as necessary
Competitive hourly rate, based on experience.
Apply for this Position
- If you’re interested, email us your resume with Linkedin profile at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line of “Operations Manager (Part-time)”
- In the body of the email, include your salary requirements and answer the following questions:
- Why do you think you’re a good fit for this job?
- What relevant experience do you have with Operations Manager?
- In a work environment, what keeps you motivated?