You like to provide a lot of value, take complete ownership of projects, and work with smart people who are the best at what they do.
You believe passionately in doing things right, the first time.
You take pride in the work that you do and want to work for a company where you get to do what you do best.
You understand search engine marketing and the role it plays in driving business.
Your thought leadership, strong analytical skills, SEO knowledge and ability to create winning strategies set you apart. You enjoy implementation (as part of a team) and/or directing and developing a team to implement strategy.
We are a boutique digital marketing agency providing expert digital marketing services to drive lead generation, increase sales, improve conversions and boost ROI.
We specialize in organic search, paid search, social media, content strategy, technical audits and analytics for a variety of industries.
We’re a 100% remote/distributed team and we love all the benefits that come with our remote work environment. We’ve been in business for over 12 years.
About the Job
You’ll be in charge of the SEO Strategy for a book of clients and then to implement that strategy with a team of talented specialists. This includes hands on work, overseeing the work of others and adjusting strategy as necessary.
We are looking for a part time expert to start, with the opportunity to grow into a full time position, if desired.
- Take the lead to set digital strategy for clients that will best help them improve their online visibility and meet goals
- Analyze strategy opportunities and recommend strategies, interactions or approaches
- Determine digital channels to be leveraged and formulate tactics that align with current trends and client goals
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Track, measure and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and identify recommendations and opportunities for improvement
- Interpret and present data to Clients, as well as using the learnings to make adjustments.
- Provide level of effort and time estimates for project deliverables to assist account service team
- Assist in the management of client expectations throughout project lifecycle
- Assist in client presentations to identify key strategic challenges, define digital needs and provide strategic solutions
- Mentor team members (and clients). Proactively keeps abreast of industry trends and communicates briefs to the broader team
- Take ownership of and ensure that all work is created according to our own high standards and the standards of each one of our clients
- Assess clients’ and prospects’ websites
- Work with team to ensure strategy across channels is in sync
- 4+ years of digital advertising experience
- Ability to energize and inspire internal teams about the importance of digital opportunities
- Ability to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes in UI/UX, SEO, paid media and inbound marketing.
- Show proven skills in identifying digital opportunities
- Thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Experience defining content KPIs and measurement
- Deep understanding of how digital content moves through today’s media landscape and define relevant and impactful strategies
- Experienced in SEO knowledge and Social media marketing savvy
- At ease managing multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams
- Native-level proficiency in English
- Working overlap from 9am-5PM EST
- Reliable internet connection and (remote) office with a door
Candidates should have experience with four (4) or more following solutions:
- Web Analytics
- Search Engine Marketing
- Display Marketing
- Some WordPress knowledge
- Google Analytics (GAIQ desirable)
- Google Search Console
- Majestic SEO
And the following skills:
- Keyword research
- Ecommerce SEO
- Backlink analysis
- Content optimization
- SEO Audits
- Local SEO (helpful)
- Citation building (helpful)
Nice to Haves
- Existing contacts and relationships with others who have digital marketing and industry-related expertise
- Experience with mid to large scale digital implementations
- Ability to manage ambiguity and successfully navigate large organizations
- Experience developing and contributing to the development of digital assets (such as infographics, power pages, video, etc. for link acquisition)
- Experience with Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Referral Marketing, Content Optimization, and Marketing Automation
Competitive hourly rate, based on experience.
- Create your desired lifestyle
- Travel and work from wherever you want
- Possibility to move your residence in a country of your choice
- Flexible schedule to allow for an optimum work-life balance
- Create space for personal plans
- Opportunity to be with The Search Guru team for a long time. We are focused on long term collaboration more than on on time freelance projects
- Grow with the company
- At The Search Guru we find extraordinary talent and build positions around their skills
- Access to very experienced team members in various Digital Marketing areas. Our Lunch & Learn program allows for the entire team to share knowledge and develop their skills together
- Every 30, 60 or 90 days propose 1 or more projects you would like to develop for the company. We appreciate and support initiative.
Apply for this Position
- Email us your resume with Linkedin profile at email@example.com with the email subject line of “SEO Strategist.”
- In the body of the email, include your salary requirements and answer the following questions:
- Why do you think you’re a good fit for this job?
- What relevant experience do you have with SEO strategy?
- In a work environment, what keeps you motivated?
- Do you consider yourself an intermediate or advanced SEO strategist?
Please indicate where you see the job ad