Why does your website need SEO?
- Over 9 billion searches were performed via search engines in the US in 2007.
- Nearly 80% of people searching for information online type phrases into a search engine’s search box. Google alone fields over 91 million searches – per day! How much of that traffic do you want?
- In approximately 50% of online searches, your prospect selects a company found on the first or second Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). So, if your company is not found in the first 10 to 20 results, you’ve already lost out on at least 50% of your potential business – while your competitors, who are highly ranked, are enjoying a lion’s share of the traffic.
- Online sales are growing by at least 20% compared to the same time last year, with expectations of over $184 billion for 2008.
Make SEO work for you
Key elements for any successful SEO effort include:
- Keyphrase Research: To successfully drive targeted traffic to your web site, you and your customer must speak the exact same language. Keyphrase research uncovers the phrases your prospects are typing into the search boxes on search engines.
- Copyediting / Copywriting: Once you’ve discovered the keyphrases that your prospects are using, then those keyphrases are worked into the text on your web pages in a way that will work for both the search engines and your human prospects.
- Popularity / Inbound Links: Solicit and earn valuable inbound links, as this is an indication to Google that your site is popular, relevant and valued by others, as well as helping the search engines understand better where your site fits into the web and what you offer.
- Buzz Marketing: Creating positive buzz about your company, executives and products will not only drive traffic and inbound links, but it will help to fill up the SERPs with positive items, pushing down any negative listings, and supporting your Online Reputation Management (ORM). It’s important to make sure that, when prospective partners, clients and customers search on your brand and key people and products, you put your best face forward.
- Best Practices Web Development & Architecture: Make sure your website is built in a way that makes it possible and easy for the search engines to quickly find, index and understand your content.
- Reporting for Accountability: Conduct baseline then regular reporting, so that you can see the impact of the effort and show positive ROI within your business.
And don’t forget… While it is critical to rank well with the search engines, you must never forget it is the human customer that matters – search engines don’t buy your products, services or click on your advertisements; people do.
SEM is an umbrella term for the myriad of strategies, tools and techniques that help you meet your business objectives and bring targeted visitors to your website. A personalized blend of SEM strategies is necessary to achieve your online goals and overall business objectives.
We’re ready to help you make your case. Contact us today for your free gift session; and we’re happy to get on a conference call with your decision makers to answer any questions they may have about search engine marketing and search engine optimization and what it can do for your company.
Contact us today with any questions you may have about search engine marketing and search engine optimization and what it can do for your company.